Monday 13 May 2013

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product?


I could choose either a major distribution company, EMAP and IPC or smaller companies which are cheaper I have researched both EMAP and IPC, but also smaller independent companies. I had initial to choose a smaller independent company as they target a smaller niche market, however urban music used to be underground steam music, but as time went on, people have started to accept it more and therefore it has become a mainstream music which means that I would require a bigger company to distribute my magazine.
 

 I believe IPC would be an ideal choice as it does not have urban hip hop/RNB music magazine which means that I may be able to open up a new market for them. IPC have expertise in making a magazine and they have connections to sell my magazine to big shop brand names, whereas independent companies could only make a small amount and the quality may not be as good which means that it may not appeal to my audience. I also understand that I could self publish my magazine due to the proliferation of new technologies, although I believe that I do not have the resources to pull this off by myself. I will use social media to market my magazine via social chat rooms such as facebook which creates a synergy between my magazine and facebook, but also my own website.

 

I will use the internet and digital technologies to market and distribute my magazine in various ways such as putting an advertisement on the most common website that my audience go on. I decided to use Facebook and YouTube as I found out that most of my demographic use YouTube to listen to music and they use Facebook to talk about various things such as music.

No comments:

Post a Comment