Monday 13 May 2013

4. Who would be the audience for your media product?


 

 When deciding my audience for my magazine I didn’t know who I wanted to aim my magazine, but I knew that I wanted to target a young demographic audience (teenagers). In order to decide who to target my magazine I have pitched a survey online by using quentionpro.com. The survey was consisting of 8 questions relevant to my audience. This helped me to find out key factors that my target audience wanted from my magazine. By pitching the survey online, I was able to attract a lot people to answer my survey as I have spread it through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter. Then I have collected all the data and put it in various graphs which then placed onto a PowerPoint presentation.

At the end of the presentation I have created an “Audience Profile” which concluded and summed up all the results and directed me to the audience which I should aim my magazine at.




As you can see from this audience profile reveals that my target audience is predominantly males. However I will have articles for females as well, this because from collecting the data I understood that females want me magazine, which means a larger demographic audience. Therefore my magazine is aimed at teenagers between 15-24. As my audience are in a young age they are most likely to not to earn much money, however I’m going to start to sell my magazine from £1.50, as I think it’s a reasonable price and more people will be able to afford it.  To make my magazine unique I will try and make my magazine inspirational, where teenagers could find themselves in the same situations.

On my audience profile there are many images that portrays my audiences youth through mobile phones such as blackberry’s and iphone’s and through consoles such as Xbox and PlayStation.

No comments:

Post a Comment